1) Yatir (Israel) – Forest 2007
Approx Retail Value: $190.00
4) 1848 Winery (Israel) – Cabernet Sauvignon 2007 Special Reserve
Approx Retail Value: $40.00
Approx Retail Value: $67.00
Approx Retail Value: $100.00
Approx Retail Value: $65.00
Approx Retail Value: $42.00
Approx Retail Value: $30.00
Approx Retail Value: $44.00
11) Herzog (California) – Single Vineyard Mt. Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon 2009
Approx Retail Value: $40.00
The food at the show was modern classic. Meaning classic dishes with a modern twist. They had everything from push up cake pops to syringes with sauce (you would squirt the syringe in your mouth and then pop the food in). The chefs made bite size tastings of their best showcased dish.
1) AviGlatt (Lower Manhattan/Brooklyn) – Captcha Fish Salad
A lime and coconut white fish ceviche. Light, refreshing and tasty!
2) ETC. Steakhouse (Teaneck, NJ) – Barbecue Oxtail
Braised oxtail with house made bbq sauce and crushed red mashed potatoes.
3) Gemstone Catering (Tri-State) – Herzog Oak Barrel and Mesquite Smoked Turkey
Jack Daniels infused whole grain mustard and cranberry chutney, sweet yam mash and cowboy gribenez. It’s
like the best thanksgiving you have ever had (in a bite size portion)!
4) Got Cholent? Inc. (Tri-State) – French “Chaud-lent” Cassolet with Duck Confit
I’m usually not a big fan of cholent, but duck confit in cholent…I think YES! They had a kiddush club array of cold herring and a caviar bar there as well…It’s heimish turned classy.
5) Guilty Pleasures (Tri-State) – Bana-Bana Chocolate
Sounds a bit peculiar, but it is actually fabulous! The emphasis was more on the chocolate and did not have an overwhelming banana flavor.
6) My Most Favorite (Upper West Side, Manhattan) – Raspberry Linzer Cookies
Light, sweet and delicious! I am currently trying to perfect this cookie…if only I had this recipe!
7) Pardes (Downtown Brooklyn) – Smoked “Grow and Behold” Ribeye Tartar, Soy, Enoki and Rice Krispies
I have never tried beef tartar before, and this was a great experience. Wonderful, flavorful and tasty combination. This one was definitely a party in my mouth.
8) Pardes (Downtown Brooklyn) – Meyer Lemon Meringue Tart
First of all, lemon meringue pies are one of my top three favorite desserts. From the flaky crust to the tangy lemon curd, this was a delightful bite size treat that I look forward to having again at the restaurant.
9) Pomegranate (Flatbush, NY) – Signature Dip Bar
It was a buffet of dips! My favorites included: The Purple Eggplant Dip (the color was a gorgeous purple), Kalamata Olive Tapenade, Dill Dip, and Jalapeno Pepper Dip.
10) Sushein (Lower Manhattan) – Sushi, Crispy Kani Salad and Fresh Tuna Cake, Crispy Meat Wontons
The fish was of great quality and the sushi and wontons were fantastic!
11) Tevere (East Midtown, NYC) – Carciofi all Giudia
Artichokes, Roman Style. One of my favorites of the evening! I went back for seconds, but alas and understandably, they were finished.
|Me and my friends, editors and foodies at KFWE|